Winding steps go up the steep wooded hillside through pine, birch, rhododendron and laurel. At intervals on the way up there are members’ cabins, camping terraces (tents only and by arrangement), games courts and eventually the swimming pool, main sunbathing lawn and pavilion.
Although the key note of the club is its rustic charm, we do have all modern conveniences including flush toilets, hot & cold showers and a well-equipped pavilion with kitchen containing freezer, fridges, cooker and microwave.
Here you can prepare sumptuous meals and eat inside or alfresco on the terrace, where one may enjoy the view across the main lawn and swimming pool.
Alternatively you can burn your burgers to a cinder on our large brick built barbecue and then pretend that you are enjoying them.
The pavilion has four pairs of glass doors opening on to a paved terrace and the main sunbathing lawn. Within view are the swimming pool and kiddies’ pool (when required). Beyond the pavilion there are more lounging, well-equipped children’s corner and member’s cabins set among shrubs and trees.
Cars remain outside the screened area, in a pleasantly grassed car park, shaded by firs and hidden from the road by a tall hedge. Up the steps and inside the front gate, the world and its worries are left behind.
Please note that the steepness of the hillside makes access by wheelchair or by the immobile extremely difficult.
Many of our members also attend the naturist swim at Alton Sports Centre on the first Sunday of the month.
HSC Club Features & Facilities
- Size of grounds: 0.8 ha (2 acres)
- Sunbathing lawns in a woodland setting
- Heated swimming pool: 18m by 6m
- Games courts for Pétanque,Volleyball, Badminton & Short tennis
- Kiddies’ pool (when required) & well-equipped children’s corner
- Pavilion: 15m by 6m with kitchen & terrace
- Mains electricity, water, etc. & bulk gas
- Hot & cold showers & flush toilets
- Changing facilities with Members’ lockers
- Members’ cabins & camping
- Storage for members’ sun loungers
- Car parking on club land (Sorry no dogs!)
- Alcohol permitted
- Bed & breakfast nearby
Unfortunately, we simply do not have any facilities for caravans or camper vans, nor any rooms to let. May we also remind visitors to remember to bring their own food, drink, towels, sun loungers, etc
Please note that while we are pleased to welcome visitors at summer weekends, we regret that we are unable to offer accommodation other than the use of camping terraces for those with their own tents.